Monday 24 November 2014

Tell us about your family

Read the next text:


My name is Adam. I am 12. I live in New Delhi, India with my father, mother, two sisters and four brothers. My grandparents also live with us. In India, family is very important. It is common to have grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins living in the same house. My aunts, uncles and cousins also live nearby. We see each other often. My older brother is a computer programmer. Right now, he is in Australia. His company sent him there for one year. We all miss him a lot. We write letters to him every week. I want him to come home soon. 




Now, tell us about yours!

3 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I find this activity very interesting for the first days of the class. Students will be able to know a little more each other and they can also practice their English and lose a little bit of their shame. It´s an excellent activity for me.

    Congratulations for your blog!

    Kind regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria José!

    Like Jorge, I really find this activity very interesting Maria José. Because I have remembered a film we saw last week in other subject. The film is called “La clase”. The teacher has got precious little motivated students and he uses the “self-portrait” activity to motivate them and in fact, most of students got motivated! Speaking about themselves, something they know quite well they trust themselves and get good results not only in what they are doing but also in writing in English. So I think is a good exercise to motivate our students learning English.

    ReplyDelete